Sarah Bricker joined our marketing and communications team as a Communications Specialist in March 2015 and was responsible for corporate social media efforts. Bricker has had hearing loss since she was 13 and wears Starkey hearing aids. Prior to Starkey, she handled digital content marketing, social media and online advertising needs for B2B and B2C clients in St. Louis, and worked as a freelance reporter for the St. Louis Business Journal and the St. Louis Rams. Bricker graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia with a Bachelor of Arts in journalism.
Simon Carlile, Ph.D., was Starkey's Senior Director of Research and helped lead Starkey Research in our quest for groundbreaking and innovative hearing solutions. Carlile has a BSc (Hons) and Ph.D. from the University of Sydney in auditory neuroscience. He completed his postdoctoral training at Oxford University where he was a Junior Research Fellow of Green College. He later established and became Head of the Auditory Neuroscience Laboratory at the University of Sydney. Carlile has also had senior management roles as Chief Information Officer at the University of Sydney and as the Chief Technology Officer for two start-up technology companies. Carlile has published more than 110 articles in peer-reviewed international journals, has a strong patent portfolio, edited a foundation volume on auditory virtual reality and is Associate Editor for Nature – Scientific Reports.
- "It's no exaggeration to say Starkey Hearing Aid changed my life."
- Hearing loss is not going away
- Why you should wear your hearing aids every day, even when stuck at home
- Stress relief tips and tactics
- Welcome to the leading edge of hearing technology
- Relieved that April is over and Better Hearing Month is here
- Simple hearing aid troubleshooting tips you can do at home
- Social distancing doesn’t have to equal isolation for people with hearing loss
- Thrive Care — the next best thing to being there
- #HearingFactFriday: Hearing aids are underused despite their many benefits
- Get hearing aid help from the safety of your home
- How do I know if I have hearing loss?
- Three wearers review their Livio AI hearing aids
- Hearing loss increases your risk of social isolation
- Five reasons why you should not ignore hearing loss
- #HearingFactFriday: Listening Fatigue
- How do hearing aids work?
- Hearing tests should be part of your health regime
- People wait too long to treat hearing loss
- Reimagining what a hearing aid can do