Digital hearing aids represent a significant investment in our ability to communicate and connect with those around us if you are experiencing hearing loss. Take care of your hearing aids by following these simple tips, and they should provide life-changing benefits for years to come!
- Do wear your digital hearing aids every day, for at least 10 to 12 hours a day.
- Do open the hearing aid battery door each night to let the device air out and extend the life of the batteries.
- Do clean your hearing aids every morning by wiping off the microphone and receiver (speaker) with a soft cloth.
- Do have spare hearing aid batteries with you at all times, or ensure that your rechargeable hearing aids are fully charged before an all day use.
- Do contact your hearing healthcare professional with any questions or concerns. They are there to help.
- Don’t wear digital hearing aids in the shower or while swimming.
- Don’t let others wear your hearing aids.
- Don’t apply hair spray, gel or dry shampoo while wearing your hearing aids.
- Don’t store your hearing aids in the bathroom.
- Don’t try to repair your hearing aids yourself.