Remember, Remember the 5th of November is just around the corner, which can only mean one thing – Bonfire Night! To keep you safe and ensure that you look after your hearing, we’ve popped together some top tips so that the loud ‘BANGS’ and ‘CRASHES’ from fireworks don’t ruin your hearing or cause any lasting damage!
1. Adults should be at least 20 metres away from fireworks, whilst children should be kept at a minimum distance of 60 metres.
2. Young infants should not be exposed to the loud sounds of fireworks, as lasting hearing damage can occur.
3. Earplugs are a Bonfire Night essential to protect against hearing loss. Filtered ear plugs will reduce the high and potentially harmful noise levels whilst ensuring that you can still enjoy the sounds of children’s laughter and other sounds that are synonymous with November 5th. View our our full range of hearing protection to find the right solution for you.
4. Remember your pets! Cats and dogs have far more sensitive hearing than us humans, so make sure they are kept indoors and are not left alone.
5. If you suspect hearing damage has occurred, seek medical advice from your doctor or hearing healthcare professional as soon as possible, or call us on 08000 683 533.
Stay safe and have a great evening!